Throughout the pandemic, The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) authorities have recommended a variety of screening and social distancing steps to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our community.
Your safety is our top priority.
As a result, the following measures are currently in effect at our community:
- All community staff will have their temperature taken prior to working their shift. Any staff member who has a fever must remain in quarantine for a period of time.
- Visitors for all residents who are not in isolation/quarantine for COVID-19 are currently permitted.
Visitors must be free of COVID-19 symptoms including:
- Sore throat
- General malaise
- Diarrhea or nausea
- Other respiratory issues
- Shortness of breath
If you experience these symptoms and feel you may be infected, contact your primary care physician immediately and stay isolated until you receive further instruction from your provider.
- Upon registration, visitors will be asked a series of screening questions prior to making the visitation appointment.
- Upon entering the building, all visitors are required to perform hand hygiene at the front entrance sanitation station. Visitors will be re-screened and temperatures will be checked.
- Visitors must follow the quarantine and isolation guidance for residents. The shortened CDC time periods for the general public do not apply. A visitor must be in isolation for 10 full days after a positive test, or 14 days of quarantine if a close contact of a COVID-19 positive individual, regardless of vaccination status.
- We encourage visiting outdoors. Indoor visits can be accommodated pending weather and other conditions. If visiting inside, please go directly to the visiting area/room.
- All visitors must maintain social distancing of six feet and keep a mask on at all times. Visitor may hug the resident if the resident is fully vaccinated.
- Please report to the community Administrator any signs or symptoms of COVID that occur within three days of the visit.
- Residents who are fully vaccinated may leave the community for a social visit; masks must be worn, social distancing observed and frequent hand hygiene is recommended.
- Residents who are not fully vaccinated and who leave the building must quarantine for 14 days upon return. Residents who leave the building for less than 24 hours for medical purposes will not quarantine upon return. Residents who are vaccinated and leave the building for more than 24 hours will be tested on return.
For additional information about this disease, please refer to the CDC website using this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
We will continue to keep you updated with relevant information as the situation develops.
Thank you for doing your part in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.